» inici   » bloc   » top 50   » novetats   » fòrum   » contacte             :::::::::: CanalNeu.cat :: el fòrum de la neu a Catalunya ::: T'agrada la neu ?

Documento sin título

www.redsoxproshops.com

Estacions, comentaris, opinions..

www.redsoxproshops.com

EntradaAutor: elaine95 Data: dj. des. 06, 2018 7:50 am

MIAMI (AP) — The Yankees slugger choked up.Giancarlo Stanton acknowledged being touched by the warm reception he received the first time he stepped to the plate Tuesday at Marlins Park.He saluted the crowd Babe Ruth Jersey , waved and patted his chest as he looked to the stands. He then singled sharply to left field.“It’s a lot to take in,” Stanton said. “A lot of things go into this — where I’m at now. I grew up over there.”Over there is the Marlins clubhouse, where Stanton spent his first eight major league seasons before being traded last November. That made the Yankees’ two-game series in Miami his homecoming.Stanton went 2 for 6, missing his 300th career home run by a few feet when he doubled in the fifth, and the Yankees won 2-1 in 12 innings.Before the game, he sat in the visitors’ dugout before batting practice, which gave him a different angle of Marlins Park’s kitschy, colossal home sculpture.“I still don’t like it http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-david-ortiz-jersey ,” he said with a laugh. “But it won’t be going off if I hit one.”Stanton activated the moveable sculpture more than any other player before leaving the Marlins. Speaking of himself in the plural, he said it was weird but good to be back, and said he harbored no hard feelings about the way his time with the Marlins ended after eight seasons.“We know what the situation is over there now, and how it was,” he said. “We understand.”The situation is that former Yankees shortstop and new Marlins CEO Derek Jeter rebooted the woebegone Miami franchise, trading away several big contracts for prospects with the goal of becoming competitive in a few years. Stanton, coming off a 59-homer MVP season, wanted no part of a rebuilding project and approved a trade to the Yanks.Now he’s likely to make the playoffs for the first time Bobby Doerr Jersey , while the Marlins are headed for a ninth consecutive losing season.“I hope they’ll figure it out,” Stanton said. “I hope they get it turned around. It will take a couple of years. But if the pieces are put together right, I think they’ll turn it around.”Jeter didn’t talk with the media before the series opener. But Marlins manager Don Mattingly acknowledged it has been different without Stanton — and without Christian Yelich, Marcell Ozuna and Dee Gordon, who were also traded.“You miss all those guys,” Mattingly said. “Some good players went out the door as we embarked on building this thing to the level we wanted and trying to build some continuity and sustainability. You knew you were going to miss all those guys.”Stanton began the week batting .285 with 32 homers and 80 RBIs — stats comparable to his time in Miami.He reminisced about hitting at Marlins Park when it was still a construction site before opening in 2012. He said he’ll do no sightseeing during his brief stay in Miami, but will spend time with former teammates and friends.He has many in Miami, as the ovation in the first inning showed.“That was really cool — definitely more than I could ask for http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-jimmie-foxx-jersey ,” Stanton said. “That’s going to be one of the more special moments of my career.” Major League Baseball has released the roster for its series against Japanese All-Stars on Nov. 9-15, according to Greg Johns of MLB.com, and Atlanta Braves phenom Ronald Acuna Jr., St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina and Philadelphia Phillies slugger Rhys Hoskins highlight the list:Greg Johns GregJohnsMLBFull roster announced for MLB team traveling to Japan to face Japanese All-Star squad on Nov. 9-15. In addition to Mitch Haniger, MLB team will also include Erasmo Ramirez and hitting coach Edgar Martinez from the Mariners. sQDaTlY5gSAcuna, 20, is the biggest star on the list after a superb rookie season that saw him hit .293 with 26 homers, 64 RBI Johnny Pesky Jersey , 78 runs and 16 stolen bases.The ageless Molina, meanwhile, hit .261 with 20 dingers and 74 RBI. Even at 36, the nine-time All-Star and two-time World Series champion remains productive.Then there is Hoskins, who proved his 2017 breakout wasn't a fluke by bashing 34 home runs with 96 RBI. Power won't be an issue for the MLB roster with nine hitters who smacked 20 or more home runs this year; Carlos Santana, Mitch Haniger, Juan Soto, Kike Hernandez http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-carl-yastrzemski-jersey , Eugenio Suarez and J.T. Realmuto join the aforementioned three players as sluggers on the squad.The pitching staff is a bigger question mark, however, with Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander Kenta Maeda arguably serving as the team's ace.The MLB stars will be managed byMiami Marlins skipper Don Mattingly.Samurai Japan, meanwhile, will featureChunichi Dragons pitcher Yu Sato andSoftBank Hawks outfielder Seiji Uebayashi.Per theJapan Times: "The six-game series starts on Nov. 9 with three games at Tokyo Dome, one at Hiroshima's Mazda Stadium on Nov. 13 and the final two at Nagoya Dome over the following two days."
elaine95

Entrades: 71
Membre des de: dt. oct. 16, 2018 3:55 am

Torna a: Esquí Alpí

Qui està connectat

Usuaris navegant en aquest fòrum: No hi ha cap usuari registrat i 0 visitants